Saturday, January 6, 2007

Is Nadine Jansen And Milena Velba The Same Person

A homemade wifi bridge with DD-WRT


a long time I was looking for a product that would allow the satellite set top box (a DreamBox 7000), which has only the ethernet port, to connect to the network instead I concentrated all the other side of the house.

Bring a cable from the bedroom to the living room would have been to drill at least 3 walls, not to mention the bad cable that would be seen.

The only viable solution was then connect it via wireless, but how? As with other devices (Playstation, Xbox, etc ...) the DreamBox does not natively support wireless devices, we needed then something that would be a "bridge" making clear that there was actually connecting to a wireless router (in my case a Netgear 834G).

For some 'time I had been thinking if we could achieve this by recycling an old Linksys WRT54GL which I possessed. The answer came this finding tutorial.

In summary, (but I refer you to the tutorial, in English, for more detail) installing the firmware DD-WRT opensource instead of the original firmware, setting our device as a client-bridge in the wireless router and doing it to our associate Wireless can make this happen. Each device

which is connected to a port of the bridge is automatically connected to our wireless network.

Last thing I suggest two little tips that helped me solve some problems: for the version of DD-WRT I recommend the .24 beta, otherwise the device had not proved very stable in the high traffic flows and finally I suggest you increase the parameter that controls the transmission power (the bridge) which by default is 24 and that you can 'set up to 240 (I have made 120).

0 comments:

Post a Comment