Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Descargar Mount And Blade Native Spanish

E 'arrived Fontenna! Flickr

This morning I finally got the long-awaited Fontenna . This is a special antenna, designed specifically to enhance the signal of its Fonera (as well as any other wireless router compatible with the plug supplied).

In these days there is a promotion that allowed Foneros old or who purchased a new Fonera to have it at the promotional price of € 2 (compared to € 17.20 to base price) and I did not have really made escape.

As soon as it arrived, I immediately wanted to test it, and the impression was immediately excellent! The signal is actually increased, considerably extending the scope of the wireless network and allowing you to share your connection with many more 'people.

Technical

Here I report the technical characteristics of the antenna, as shown on the site Fon:
  • Dimensions: 150 x 90 x 14 mm
  • Weight: 300 gr
  • Frequency Range: 2400 MHz - 2500 MHz Antenna gain
  • -without cable: 7 dBi Antenna gain-with
  • cable: 6.5 dBi VSWR
  • : 2.0: 1 Max
  • Polarization: Linear, vertical
  • Impedance: 50 Ω
  • Temperature: -10 º C to +55 º C
  • Connector: R / P SMA PLUG
  • Cable: ULA168, L = 3M

The Packaging

The Fontenna be sent via courier and comes packed in a cardboard box, perhaps a little 'Spartan appearance, but it contains everything you need to be up and running.

The first impression when you open the box is to be confronted with an object very solid and well constructed. This may have been practically forced a choice, if you think that the Fontenna is designed to be mounted not only within a building, but also outside, attached to the glass of the window or staring at the wall with the stand .


As you can see, in fact, the package includes two double-sided adhesive circles, which lend themselves very well if you want to fix the Fontenna a glass, or the stand that, after being fixed with two screws to Fontenna, is ready to be hooked up to two nails or pins that we will have been fixed to the wall.





How big is Fontenna?


Honestly when I saw the first pictures of Fontenna the net, I thought it was a small object, at most big of a pack of cigarettes. But when I opened the box, I found myself faced with something a bit more 'big up to my expectations (as you can see in the photo at right, I wanted to compare it with a Nokia 3330). This must not be regarded as a defect, as they may surface more 'allows wider spread in a more' optimal radio waves.

Field test

After Fontenna placed the glass of a window overlooking the garden of my house, I took my handheld ( Nokia N770) and I performed some small tests outdoors.

First I checked out until the distance is detected Fontenna. Despite some obstacles in the middle (trees, a wall etc. ...) was detected by the Fontenna my PDA to well 40 meters away (I carried out the measures by Google Earth).

The second test I made was of bandwidth on the maximum distance. In practice I found that even 35-40 meters away you could still surf the web and listen to streaming radio, which demonstrate that the band was not punished more than 'a lot.

Conclusions

After testing the Fontenna, I would recommend it to all who were a bit 'skeptical on the actual gain in terms of range of your wireless network. The benefits are obviously greater in the case of positioning in the external (wall-mounted), returning very useful in all those places like a garden, courtyard or park in front of our house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment